NCC has been collaborating with the Maine Department of Education as they develop a monitoring plan and protocols to support new program quality standards. One of the cornerstones of Maine’s monitoring plan is to provide feedback and support to sites in a timely manner that is based upon classroom observations and monitoring interviews and intrinsically linked to program and learning standards. NCC shared resources and tools for teachers and administrators developed in New York aimed at supporting the implementation of learning standards across the domains of learning and development. Maine is now sharing these tools to support programs as part of a comprehensive monitoring and feedback process.
- Regional Convening: Building Field Capacity Around the Use of Evidence
- Focusing More on Learning and Less on Test Scores
- Regional convening focuses on building capacity to support the use of evidence
- In the news: Maine DOE presents new school support model
- Innovative interim assessments for ESSA accountability? It depends.