NCC continues to work with Rhode Island to provide resources, guidance and facilitation for five priority initiatives of the RI Department of Education. These five initiatives include supporting RI to meet teacher and leader effectiveness regulations, proficiency-based learning, Career and Technical education, and the state’s strategic plan for education.
Our state activities consist of:
- Collaborating with RIDE to lead the development of the statewide strategic plan for education, NCC provides guidance on priority educational initiatives, state-level planning, and stakeholder engagement.
- Accessing and providing online professional learning resources for integrating English Language-Learner instruction into general education classrooms in order to help schools and districts meet Rhode Island’s regulations governing the education of English Language Learners.
- Providing information and current resources on national, state and district-level practices to inform RIDE’s ongoing work in proficiency-based learning and developing a new accountability model in Career-Technical Education.
- Facilitating regular meetings of the state’s Teacher and Leader Effectiveness Advisory Committee to provide relevant information from the field and support the committee to draft guidance related to regulatory changes.
- Nancy Gerzon, State Liaison
- Kathy Dunne
- Carol Keirstead
- Monique Morgan
- Cerelle Morrow
- Kevin Perks
- Joe Trunk
Contact Nancy Gerzon, the State Liaison, for more information or support.