The Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) in partnership with the Northeast Comprehensive Center (NCC) is working to reconsider high school graduation requirements at the state level. New high school graduation guidance is in development that includes career pathways, a Commissioner’s Seal, and industry credentials. The RIDE High School Graduation team has revised the current high school regulations and submitted the revisions to the Council on Elementary and Secondary Education. Following Council approval, written guidance to support the new regulations will be developed. The NCC is providing continued support as RIDE works to move into this next phase of high school graduation guidance.
- Regional Convening: Building Field Capacity Around the Use of Evidence
- Focusing More on Learning and Less on Test Scores
- Regional convening focuses on building capacity to support the use of evidence
- In the news: Maine DOE presents new school support model
- Innovative interim assessments for ESSA accountability? It depends.