The Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) in partnership with the Northeast Comprehensive Center (NCC) is working to reconsider high school graduation requirements at the state level. New high school graduation guidance is in development that includes career pathways, a Commissioner’s Seal, and industry credentials. The RIDE High School Graduation team has revised the current high school regulations and submitted the revisions to the Council on Elementary and Secondary Education. Following Council approval, written guidance to support the new regulations will be developed. The NCC is providing continued support as RIDE works to move into this next phase of high school graduation guidance.
- Report examines role of student learning in educator evaluation
- Regional Initiative Focuses on Strengthening Talent Pipeline
- NYSED 2018 P3 Summer Institute: Effective Teaching and Leading Within a P3 Framework
- NCC Supports New York State Education Department’s Summer Institute
- NCC Supports Roll-Out of New York’s Next Generation Learning Standards