This Center on School Turnaround (CST) and Center onEnhancing Early Learning Outcomes (CEELO) publication focuses on case studies of three schools that have used School Improvement Grant (SIG) funds, with the support of their districts, to implement early learning strategies as part of their turnaround models. A significant body of research shows that achievement gaps in persistently low-performing schools manifest, in many instances, prior to children entering kindergarten. High-quality preschool programs have proven to help close these gaps both for individual student subgroups in a school and for the school as a whole.
- Regional Convening: Building Field Capacity Around the Use of Evidence
- Focusing More on Learning and Less on Test Scores
- Regional convening focuses on building capacity to support the use of evidence
- In the news: Maine DOE presents new school support model
- Innovative interim assessments for ESSA accountability? It depends.