On November 8, 2013, the Center on School Turnaround published a new monograph titled, State-Initiated School Turnaround: State-Initiated School Turnaround Strategies: Leveraging the State Education Agency to Drive Meaningful Change. This monograph presents findings from an analysis, sponsored by the PLE, that examined eight states’ approaches to initiating a turnaround model and identified lessons learned to inform future practice for the PLE and for the field. While this analysis focuses on states that directly collaborated with the PLE, the emerging lessons have implications for any state interested in more proactively implementing and supporting targeted school turnaround efforts. As SEAs assume a more significant role in school reform under initiatives such as the federal Race to the Top, the School Improvement Grant program, and Elementary and Secondary Education Act Flexibility Waivers, findings from these states’ turnaround work can hone the efficacy of future efforts.
- Regional Initiative Focuses on Strengthening Talent Pipeline
- NYSED 2018 P3 Summer Institute: Effective Teaching and Leading Within a P3 Framework
- NCC Supports New York State Education Department’s Summer Institute
- NCC Supports Roll-Out of New York’s Next Generation Learning Standards
- New York State Revises Prekindergarten Learning Standards