The Northeast Comprehensive Center presented the My Brother’s Keeper Guidance Document: Emerging Practices for Schools and Communities at the New York State My Brother’s Keeper Symposium. The presentation contained an overview of the research data outcomes on boys and young men of color and themes found across the emerging practices that demonstrate their effectiveness in supporting boys and young men of color towards pathways of success. At the conclusion of the presentation, NYSED and NCC identified the next steps for this work, which includes meeting to discuss how NYSED can identify districts and schools that can serve as models to demonstrate the effectiveness of an emerging practice referenced in the guidance document.
- Regional Convening: Building Field Capacity Around the Use of Evidence
- Focusing More on Learning and Less on Test Scores
- Regional convening focuses on building capacity to support the use of evidence
- In the news: Maine DOE presents new school support model
- Innovative interim assessments for ESSA accountability? It depends.