The Northeast Comprehensive Center presented the My Brother’s Keeper Guidance Document: Emerging Practices for Schools and Communities at the New York State My Brother’s Keeper Symposium. The presentation contained an overview of the research data outcomes on boys and young men of color and themes found across the emerging practices that demonstrate their effectiveness in supporting boys and young men of color towards pathways of success. At the conclusion of the presentation, NYSED and NCC identified the next steps for this work, which includes meeting to discuss how NYSED can identify districts and schools that can serve as models to demonstrate the effectiveness of an emerging practice referenced in the guidance document.
- Regional Initiative Focuses on Strengthening Talent Pipeline
- NYSED 2018 P3 Summer Institute: Effective Teaching and Leading Within a P3 Framework
- NCC Supports New York State Education Department’s Summer Institute
- NCC Supports Roll-Out of New York’s Next Generation Learning Standards
- New York State Revises Prekindergarten Learning Standards