The NCC has been collaborating with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) and members of the The Office of English Language Acquisition and Academic Achievement (OELAAA) office to increase its capacity to lay the foundation for the development of ESL model curriculum units (MCUs). At this time the ESL model curriculum planning team has created a process for developing the units and during the spring and summer of 2015 writing teams will be designing and writing the initial units and accompanying lessons. These units are tentatively set to be piloted by a few select teachers in the Fall of 2015. The NCC has also been working collaboratively with the OLEAAA office to determine measures for evaluating the curriculum in order to help the planning and writing teams further their work.
- Regional Initiative Focuses on Strengthening Talent Pipeline
- NYSED 2018 P3 Summer Institute: Effective Teaching and Leading Within a P3 Framework
- NCC Supports New York State Education Department’s Summer Institute
- NCC Supports Roll-Out of New York’s Next Generation Learning Standards
- New York State Revises Prekindergarten Learning Standards