ESSA: How We Can Help
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) significantly shifts the federal education landscape. Under the new law, State Education Agencies (SEAs) have been granted new authority to re-think the design and implementation of their education systems.
The Northeast Comprehensive Center (NCC) is available to help SEAs deepen their understanding of ESSA, anticipate challenges and think through possible solutions, and to implement key components of the ESSA legislation, including state accountability systems, educator effectiveness, college and career readiness, and school improvement and support. Our support to SEAs can include:
- Identifying school improvement and support practices that are evidence-based.
- Facilitating the redesign of state requirements based on the new requirements and opportunities that ESSA allows.
- Providing technical assistance around strategies to assist subgroups that are in the achievement gap (e.g., English language learners, students with disabilities, etc.)
- Facilitating stakeholder engagement to ensure that the SEAs receive meaningful feedback and suggestions from all stakeholders.
- Identifying best practices that are being implemented in SEAs and LEAs across the country.
The NCC is committed to supporting SEAs not only to meet the requirements of ESSA, but to make the most of the opportunities the new law creates.
For assistance implementing ESSA, please contact us.
We have also compiled numerous ESSA resources that will help states as they work to understand and implement the changes associated with ESSA.