This resource from Andy Hargreaves and Henry Braun addresses the tensions and conflicts that exist between the two purposes of educational data use: improvement and accountability. The authors highlights the issues that arise when improvement and accountability function at cross-purposes, and identify that these conflicts are most likely to be resolved when there are collaborative involvement in data collection and analysis, and collective responsibility for improvement. This report addresses the factors that support data for both accountability and improvement, and describes strategies to generate more positive outcomes in relation to data for both improvement and accountability.
- Regional Initiative Focuses on Strengthening Talent Pipeline
- NYSED 2018 P3 Summer Institute: Effective Teaching and Leading Within a P3 Framework
- NCC Supports New York State Education Department’s Summer Institute
- NCC Supports Roll-Out of New York’s Next Generation Learning Standards
- New York State Revises Prekindergarten Learning Standards